Award Winning Social Business Enterprise ‘I Change Her Life’ started from a small start-up in Islampur, a small village tucked away in Mardan. The resources were limited and odds were against us. Most people thought we would not survive the first six months. When we approached certain agencies for networking and help, they turned against us.We persevered because we believed in our mission! Today, we are standing at the top of the pyramid and we want to share our success story with others so that our journey can inspire those who are struggling. We want to change the mindsets of people who base their opinions on prejudice, bigotry, myopic conditioning and closed ideas!
I CHANGE HER LIFE is proud to announce a spectacular victory at STEVIE BUSINESS AWARDS Video of Stevie Awards held at Marriot Hotel in New York. The Social Business Enterprise was among the top finalists from 23 different countries. The Gold Stevie Award represents the hard work and dedication of all team members and exceptional leadership skills of Dr. Ambreen Zaman Riaz.
Dr. Ambreen Zaman Riaz received Atraaf Heroes Award in a star-studded ceremony held in Islamabad. Chairman Congress Mr. Raza Rabbani gave away the prestigious award. Also present at the occasion were top bureaucrats, dignitaries, heads of civil organizations and members of Parliament.
This is a landmark achievement for Dr. Zaman who has been working for women empowerment since 2009.
A brief introduction:
Ambreen Zaman (Riaz) is a Medical Doctor, Renaissance Scholar, Social Entrepreneur, TED Speaker, Tech Entrepreneur and advocate of women’s rights who divides her time between Turkey and Pakistan.
- Her organization, ‘I Change Her Life’ provides financial support to women living in some of the most impoverished communities in Pakistan and Turkey.The employees undergo comprehensive programs focused on capacity building and skill- based training before joining the workforce and receive ongoing support to empower themselves socially and economically.
- I Change Her Life is based on a unique business model. This hybrid form of social business empowers underprivileged women and girls by conducting workshops focused on capacity building, skill-based training, and advocacy.The organization has been actively involved in the rehabilitation of IDPs and refugee women and girls in Turkey and Pakistan. Inspired by ‘Theory of Change’ * the enterprise highlights the significance of economic empowerment as a means to create long-term social impact.
- Dr. Zaman’s career transition took place in 2008 after she worked as a volunteer doctor in an earthquake relief camp in the northern area of Pakistan. The lack of a platform for women empowerment and gender-related issues in the social welfare sector in Pakistan further enhanced her desire to serve the disadvantaged women.
- Prior to this, she worked as a medical practitioner in the field of dermatology.
- Ambreen has travelled extensively all over the world and has lived as an expatriate in many countries.
- I Change Her Life provides a platform to highlight social issues such gender violence, rights of minorities and freedom of expression for women living in patriarchal societies.
- *Theory of Change (ToC) is a specific type of methodology for planning, participation, and evaluation that is used in the philanthropy, not-for-profit . Wikipedia